Saturday 1 March 2014

hmmm!!! Gay and Lesbian Nigerians moves protest to London. See pix



The group, led by their leader, Rev. Jide Macaulay, last weekend, held a rally outside the Nigerian High Commission in London, United Kingdom, to protest the Same Sex Marriage Prohibition Act signed into law by President Goodluck Jonathan.
According to the gay community, they came together to “say No to this atrocious law and its blatant violation of their human rights,” as well as delivering a protest letter to the Nigerian High Commissioner.




 











One of the coordinators of the protest Davis Mac-Iyalla said:

“As for the Bible and scripture, I just try to do my best to live the way I believe a good person should and leave ‘the book’ to others who do a great job twisting it into what they want to believe.
“I do use pieces to point out their imperfections, though, when they use it as a weapon against homosexuals.
“I have said it before, and I would say it again: If you want to live completely by the principal of the Ten Commandments, then show me where it was written that ‘thou shall not be gay.’
“The African church must open its mind to honest conversations. The African bishops need to stop doing the talking and start listening to the LGBT people.”








No comments:

Post a Comment